Little Master DSK loves pancakes drizzled with strawberry crush & or chocolate sauce & fresh sliced strawberries on the side. Was just wondering if we use the pancake topping on the Indian pancake i.e. our yummylicious “Malpua”…. how would it taste, turned out to be super yummy…
On a cold winter dinner menu you can surely have hot Malpua served in 2 ways.
Hot malpua with warm Rabdi, and
Hot Malpua with warm fruits drizzled with chocolate sauce.
100 Gms Khoya Mawa
1 Cup All Purpose Flour Maida
1 Cup Warm Water or enough for making dough
1 Pinch Baking Powder
1/2 Tsp Fennel Seeds Saunf
2 Cup Oil or enough for frying
3/4 Cup Sugar Syrup
- Start with finely grating the Khoya. The Khoya or Mawa increases in its volume after grating. Don’t worry about it.
- Once done, add All Purpose flour Maida, Fennel seeds Saunf and Baking powder. Mix well.
- Add warm water gradually to make a smooth paste. Do not add all water at one go. Mix well.
- The consistency of the paste should be thick enough that it can be dropped too. It took us 1+1/2 cup of warm water to reach this consistency.
- Mixing is important to make fluffy, soft pancakes and would take about 5 minutes. Make sure that you remove as much lumps as possible.
Preparing Sugar Syrup/ Chashni.
We need a 1 string consistentency Sugar syrup here.
Frying the Pancake .
- Before starting with frying, please make sure that Chashni is ready and is hot. If you are using a pre-made Chashni, heat it up for 2 minutes on high flame now.
- Take a frying pan flat base and about 1 inch depth. Add a thin layer 1/2 inch of Oil. Heat it on high flame for 3 minutes.
- Once Oil is hot, pour a tablespoon full of paste. Turn the flame on low. Don’t try to make a shape. It will take a round shape on its own. You can cut out the extra portions if any that spilled after you added paste.
- Pour a teaspoon of Oil on top of pancake using Spatula. Let it cook until it gets golden brown from bottom. You can raise with the help of Spatula to see its brown color level.
- Flip it when it gets golden brown at bottom.
- Take out the Malpua when it gets golden brown from both sides.
- Now dip Malpua in hot sugar syrup Chashni for 4 minutes. Let it absorb the Sugar.
- Serve with Rabdi.
- Sauteed poached roasted fruits
Drizzle chocolate sauce on top.