1 1/2 tsp pav bhaji masala
2 tsp butter
1/4 cup chopped capsicum
3/4 cup chopped tomatoes
1 1/2 tsp chilli powder
1/2 cup grated processed cheese (optional)
1/4 cup milk optional)
salt to taste
1 tbsp fresh cream
- Heat the butter in a deep non-stick pan, add the capsicum and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and 1 tbsp of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, mashing with help of a masher, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the pav bhaji masala, chilli powder, cheese, milk and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring occasionally.
- Allow the mixture to cool slightly and blend in a mixer to a coarse mixture.
- Transfer the mixture back into the pan and cook on a medium flame for 1 more minute. Ready to Serve.
Prepare the sauce & add milk cream & mix it nicely.
- Cubes of crusty bread: Baguette, multigrain, rye, sourdough, a rustic cranberry/ cherry walnut loaf, etc.
- Lightly steamed vegetables: Broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, asparagus, Brussels sprouts, zucchini
- Steamed or roasted artichoke hearts.
- Sauteed or roasted mushrooms
- Steamed baby potatoes
- Cherry tomatoes
- Fresh fruit: Raw, crisp apple or pear slices, seedless grapes
Baked Pavbhaji PastA
2 cups cooked fusilli/ penne
1 tsp olive oil/ sunflower oil
1/2 cup grated processed cheese
5 basil , torn into pieces
2 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp dry red chilli flakes (paprika)
salt to taste
1/4 cup capsicum strips (red , yellow and green)
dried oregano for sprinkling
Heat the oil. Add the pavbhaji sauce. Add the fusilli,fresh cream, ¼ cup cheese, basil, oregano, chilli flakes and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
Transfer the fusilli into a greased baking dish, sprinkle the remaining ¼ cup of cheese, top it with coloured capsicum strips and sprinkle a little oregano evenly over it.
Bake it in a pre-heated oven at 200°c (400°f) for 15 minutes.